Connect with us

World News

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are the proud parents of a baby boy

Published

on

The royal couple announced the happy news like many parents all over the world — on Instagram.

They shared their happiness of their newborn on @SussexRoyal, their new Instagram account that they launched on April 2.

The name of the baby boy will be announced in due course.

In the caption, the proud parents wrote: “We are pleased to announce that Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex welcomed their firstborn child in the early morning on May 6th, 2019. Their Royal Highnesses’ son weighs 7lbs. 3oz.

“The Duchess and baby are both healthy and well, and the couple thank members of the public for their shared excitement and support during this very special time in their lives. More details will be shared in the forthcoming days.”

The royal couple previously announced that they are keeping the plans around the arrival of their baby private, which means royal fans should not expect for Meghan to pose on the steps of a hospital like Kate Middleton did after the birth of each of her three children.

However, royal fans will get to see the happy couple with their new baby soon after the birth. Within a few days after welcoming their first child, Meghan and Harry will take part in a photo op with their new baby on the grounds of Windsor Castle.

The royal baby is the seventh in line of succession after Prince Charles, Prince William, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis and Prince Harry.

The couple is expected to take their baby home to nearby Windsor. Harry and Meghan left their home at Kensington Palace earlier this month and moved into Frogmore Cottage just weeks before the arrival of their first child.

Meghan kept up a busy schedule throughout her pregnancy. She announced her royal patronages in January, which was followed by several visits to key charities. She also embarked on a royal tour of Morocco with Harry in late February — just days after her stateside baby shower with close friends in New York City.

The birth of the royal baby follows a whirlwind year for Meghan and Harry, which saw them tie the knot in a fairy tale royal wedding in May, announce their pregnancy news in October and then take on their first major royal tour together Down Under.

Harry and Meghan’s joint Instagram account was the first step in their transition to a new office after breaking up their joint “court” with Kate Middleton and Prince William.

With all there pressures that come with bringing a baby into the world, Meghan and Harry are resolved to build a sanctuary for their little family in their new cottage home in Windsor.

“This is a very happy time for Meghan and Harry,” says a source. “This baby has brought them even closer.“

People

Share Cheers!

Join us today, become a news contributor to The Liberty Times™ Put on your story-telling hat and share a story to Liberate your mind today! TOGETHER WE SPEAK, and THE WORLD LISTENS! Send your stories to email: admin@tlt.com.ng Use the hashtag #TLTNEWS247 | tweet to @TLTNEWS247 | fb messenger www.m.me/TLTNEWS247

Advertisement
Comments

World News

Oil prices in steady decline

Published

on

US crude stocks fell 9.5 million barrels in the week to July 5, more than triple the 3.1 million barrel draw analysts had expected, as refineries ramped up output, the country’s Energy Information Administration (EIA), said.

The report followed data from the American Petroleum Institute (API), an industry group, on Tuesday that had boosted oil prices earlier.

Reuters reported that major oil firms began evacuating and halting production in the Gulf of Mexico after weather forecasts warned that a tropical disturbance might become a storm yesterday (Wednesday) or today.

Chevron Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell, BP, and BHP Group were in the process of removing staff from 15 offshore platforms.

ExxonMobil said it was “closely monitoring” the disturbance to determine if its facilities might be affected.

The Gulf of Mexico is home to 17 percent of United States crude oil output, which stands at around 12 million barrels per day (bpd).

Share Cheers!
Continue Reading

World News

OPEC to Rollover Crude Oil Output Cut Deal

Published

on

OPEC is to roll over a deal on cutting crude supplies at a meeting next week and discuss deepening the curbs that have been in place since January 1, 2019. A deal between OPEC and allies, including Russia, to curb oil output by 1.2 million barrels runs out at the end of June.


With the expiration of the agreement this week, the group has scheduled meetings from July 1-2 in Vienna, Austria to discuss the next steps.
However, Iraq’s Oil Minister, Thamer Ghadhban, has said the group would extend the current deal and consider deeper production cuts.
He said the issue would be discussed in Vienna but declined to specify what alternative level of cuts were being suggested.

“The rollover at least would be at the same level because it has not been very effective, it has been effective to a certain level to minimize the glut in the market, but there are now ideas or calls for agreeing (on) even more,” Ghadhban said on the sidelines of the CWC Iraq Petroleum Conference in London.

Reuters reported that Algeria had floated an idea of deepening the cut by some 600,000 bpd, to make it 1.8 million barrels per day.
Oil prices hit their highest in about a month on Wednesday, buoyed by United States government data that showed a larger-than-expected drawdown in crude stocks as exports hit a record high, and surprise drops in refined product stockpiles.

The price of the global benchmark, Brent crude, which dropped to $65 per barrel yesterday, had risen $1.44, or 2.2 per cent to settle at $66.49 a barrel on Wednesday, while the US West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures rose $1.55, or 2.7 per cent, to settle at $59.38 a barrel.
The product drawdown comes at the same time as news that the largest and oldest refinery on the US East Coast would be shut after a massive fire last week caused substantial damage.

According to agency reports, Philadelphia Energy Solutions plans to shut down the 335,000 bpd refinery complex next month.
The crude inventory fall and refinery outage added to uncertainty over oil supplies created by the war of words between Washington and Tehran.

This has prompted fears that oil shipments through the Strait of Hormuz, the world’s busiest oil supply route, could be disrupted.
Asked if a war was brewing, US President Donald Trump told Fox Business Network on Wednesday: “I hope we don’t but we are in a very strong position if something should happen.”

Tehran has condemned a fresh round of US sanctions, describing it as “mentally retarded.”
But the US Special Representative on Iran, Brian Hook, told Reuters in an interview yesterday that the United States’ policy of maximum economic pressure on Tehran was working.

Share Cheers!
Continue Reading

Politics

Democrats begin bid to oust Trump

Published

on

The first of back-to-back nights of debate took place on Wednesday with 10 of the 20 Democratic presidential candidates in the United States who qualified for the debate going head-to-head on a range of issues, including healthcare, immigration and US foreign policy towards Iran.

Senators Cory Booker, Amy Klobuchar, and Elizabeth Warren, Representatives Tulsi Gabbard and Tim Ryan, Washington Governor Jay Inslee, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, former Representatives Beto O’Rourke and John Delaney and former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Julian Castro took the stage Wednesday night in Miami, Florida.
Liberal firebrand Elizabeth Warren, who has been gaining momentum, took center stage at the heated forum in Florida.

Candidates sparred over healthcare and immigration, and a couple of underdogs gulped much-needed political oxygen with a few well-timed zingers.

Ten other Democrats in the crowded field, including Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders, will battle on Thursday night.
In the two-hour debate in Miami, the candidates at times engaged in shouting matches as they vied to grab the limelight.

Ms. Warren, who has been surging in opinion polls, was one of only two contenders to say she supports replacing private medical insurance with government-run healthcare.

Taking aim at her rivals, Ms. Warren drew loud applause as she said: “There are a lot of politicians who say, ‘oh, it’s just not possible’… what they’re really telling you is, they just won’t fight for it.”

“Well, healthcare is a basic human right and I will fight for basic human rights.”

Only New York Mayor Bill de Blasio backed her.

But Senator Amy Klobuchar said: “I am just simply concerned about kicking half of America off of their health insurance in four years.”

John Delaney also warned against such a policy.

Share Cheers!
Continue Reading

Politics

Downed drone: Trump responds to Iran with more sanction than ‘disproportionate’ retaliation

Published

on

U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday said he called off a planned military strike against Iran because it would have been a disproportionate response to Tehran’s downing of an unmanned U.S. surveillance drone, adding that more sanctions have been imposed.

“We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights (sic) when I asked, how many will die,” Trump wrote in a series of morning tweets. “150 people, sir, was the answer from a General.

“10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone. I am in no hurry.”

Trump said U.S. sanctions imposed on Iran were having an effect and, without mentioning details, said more were added Thursday night.

Iranian officials told Reuters on Friday that Tehran had received a message from Trump warning that a U.S. attack on Iran was imminent but that he was against war and wanted to talk.

Trump’s tweets did not address whether he had sent a message to Iran’s leaders but repeated his attacks on the deal secured by his Democratic predecessor, Barack Obama. He also reiterated his stance that Iran would not be allowed to obtain nuclear weapons.

The escalating tensions come after Tehran on Thursday said it had shot down an unmanned U.S. military surveillance drone with a surface-to-air missile following a spate of attacks on oil tankers in the Gulf region.

Reuters

Share Cheers!
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Opinions expressed by our Contributors are their own. We have robust systems and procedures in place to check that all articles submitted and published are unique and exclusive to The Liberty Times™ Nigeria. If you need to flag any content as abusive, CLICK HERE to email us. LEARN MORE about becoming a News Contributor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement INEC
Advertisement
Advertisement

Tags cloud

@lekkimodels

  • Instagram Image
  • Instagram Image
  • Instagram Image

#ModelsOfAfricanOrigin LekkiHQ ➡ Get a chance to win a N200K Professional Makeover + Photoshoot session ➡ Follow us👍 ➡ Tag pics #LekkiModels ➡ Get Featured 🚀Get Scouted 🇳🇬🇬 www.tlt.ng/lekkimodels

@TLTNEWS247